Support deserving and highly qualified students at Texas A&M who have potential for outstanding accomplishment at A&M, in the community and in their professional pursuits.
The San Diego County A&M Club has committed to supporting future and current student Aggies in the pursuit of their education through the award of a general scholarship. Through the Texas A&M Foundation we have established the San Diego County A&M Club Endowed Scholarship fund in which distributions from this fund will be used each year to provide one or more scholarships to full-time students in good standing pursuing an undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas. The award currently is $1,125 for one year and must be renewed and re-competed for each year. Up to two awards are available each year.
Additional selection preferences:
- Recipient shall have high participation in volunteer organizations and community service activities
- Recipient shall have a demonstrated level of leadership skills as indicated by their scholarship application
- Recipient shall have other evidence of motivation (e.g. participation in high school and/or intramural sports or adequate work experiences)
Recipients are selected by a committee of faculty and/or staff of Texas A&M University in accordance with the University policy on the basis of the academic achievement and extra-curricular activities as stated above. Because this scholarship is awarded from the Texas A&M general scholarship fund, it is open to all future and current A&M students and no longer limited to San Diego County residents.
The scholarship application for all incoming freshman is a part of the ApplyTexas Application (https://www.applytexas.org/adappc/gen/c_start.WBX) and instructions on how to apply can be found here: https://scholarships.tamu.edu/FRESHMEN
Continuing students will use the University Scholarship Application: https://sfaid.tamu.edu/UWideApp/
General scholarship information can be found on the Texas A&M Scholarships & Financial Aid page.
To maintain and grow the San Diego County A&M Club Endowed Scholarship fund to maximize scholarship opportunities, we are reliant upon donations from our members and benefactors. Your generosity in contributing to the scholarship fund is greatly appreciated. Donations can either be made by mail or directly online.
Mail your donations – Donations sent directly to the University will receive a proper IRS receipt and are eligible for company matching (if any). Please note on checks that the donation is for the “San Diego County A&M Club Endowed Scholarship fund” and reference account number “33617″ in the memo. Mail checks to:
The Texas A&M Foundation
401 George Bush Drive
College Station, TX 77840
Donate Online – You can make your donation online directly into the scholarship fund. Click on this link to begin and follow these instruction.
- Section 1: Make A Gift. Click on “SEARCH ACCOUNTS” and enter “33617 – San Diego County A&M Endowed Scholarship fund”. If account is not found, enter full name manually and click on “USE ACCOUNT I ENTERED”.
- Enter in the donation amount.
- Section 2: Personal details. Select “As An Individual” or “As a Corporation/Foundation/Organization” and complete required fields.
- Section 3: Gift Details. Select “One Time Gift” or “Recurring Gift” and complete required fields.
- Click “REVIEW YOUR GIFT″ button.
Past Scholarship Recipients
2010/2011 Academic Year
- Nicholas Blake
- Erin Wolkenstein
“People are not honored by what they receive;
Honor is the reward for what they give.” -Anonymous